What is Forest Tenure Modernization?
Forest Tenure Modernization Goals
The three forest tenure modernization goals are:
1. Support a strong, vibrant, and diverse forest industry while maintaining a healthy and productive Crown forest.
2. Enhance the social well-being of all Ontarians by:
- Optimizing the values derived from the Crown forest and
- Recognizing the heightened interest of those who live in and near the Crown forest
3. Be transparent, flexible, responsive, open, and accountable to the people of Ontario.